Thursday, May 3, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
UPDATE: These auroras are now being reported from Wisonsin, Minnesota, and North Dakota. I could swear I remember seeing something similar in Utah years ago, which would be very unusual. Also, I was able to contact my dad through an old ham radio that night, except he was actually talking to me from 30 years in the past!
Anyway, geomagnetic storms have the potential to affect satellite navigation , GPS functioning,
and power grids (like an EMP), but so far the only result has been Northern Lights on steroids...
By Timo Newton-Sims, Finland
By Timo Veijalainen, Finland
By Chad Blakley, Sweden
Speaking of significant celestial events, guess where the best place on earth to view the next solar eclipse is? Kanarraville, Utah! Also home to the nations' first all-woman fire department, this tiny town will see an influx of 'astro-tourists' seeking a front row seat to watch the moon almost completely cover the sun on May 20th. Click HERE for the story (featuring an interview with Bonnie Oldroyd)
Aurora info source: SpaceWeather.com
Friday, October 29, 2010
Charlie Rangel does.
Rangel (D-New York, U.S. House of Representatives) has a life and career that make a fascinating study:
* Awarded Bronze Star and Purple Heart for heroic actions during the Korean War
* Graduated from law school and became an attorney
* Ran as both a Republican and Democrat to win his 1968 re-election to the NY State Assembly, aided by NY Governor Nelson Rockefeller
* Has won every re-election for his U.S. House seat since 1972, often with bi-partisan support and over 90% of the vote
* Joined Louis Farrakhan in 1972 at the murder scene of a NY policeman (a Nation of Islam Mosque) to stop any suspects from being taken into custody, since any arrests "might cause rioting"
* Instrumental in providing aid to Israel during the Yom Kippur War
* Opposed the Iraq War
* Vocal critic of Bush & Cheney
* Condemned Hugo Chavez for his "Bush is the devil" remarks at the UN in 2006
* Supported Hillary Clinton before she lost the Democratic nomination to Obama
* Recently charged with 13 counts of violating House rules and federal laws, mostly dealing with tax, rental, and fund-raising fraud and corruption
* Wants to reinstate the draft as a way to make the military more representative of the population
Rangel is now pushing a bill (H.R. 5741) that would appear to fulfill Obama's dream of a National Security Force. Called the Universal National Service Act (see bill HERE), this action would authorize the President to induct every American citizen between the ages of 18 and 42 to serve a mandatory two year period in a military or civilian service capacity.
Track the progress of this bill HERE.
A final note: Rangel has done this before and knows it has little chance of passing. You would have to have a congress full of brave (not closet) socialists or a watered down version of the bill to make any headway on this agenda. Such ideas may be heading back to the shadows anyway after the Great Rout of November 2, 2010.
Still, here's conspiracy-inspiring WorldNetDaily's take: (CLICK )
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Simon Weisnethal died in 2005 at the age of 96. Relentless and controversial, he once said,"I'm doing this because I have to do it. I am not motivated by a sense of revenge. Perhaps I was for a short time in the very beginning. . . . Even before I had had time to really think things through, I realized we must not forget. If all of us forgot, the same thing might happen again, in 20 or 50 or 100 years."
Visit this link for a brief biography.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
The big question is, who's science?
Another event you may not have noticed was the recent confirmation of Dr.John Holdren as Obama's "Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy", or "Science Czar"( a czar is appointed and not held accountable to congress). Of course he was confirmed with very little opposition now that the Democrats have a super-majority.
Republilcan senator David Vitter asked Dr. Holdren if he believed that population control should be the role of government. He answered 'no', that he didn't think "any of us know what the answer is".
Why would Senator Vitter ask that question? Because Dr. Holdren co-authored a textbook entitled "Ecoscience:Population, Resources, Environment" in 1977 that details how various population control strategies might work, including: compulsory abortion, mass sterilization by adding infertility drugs to water and food supplies, limiting families to two children, and establishing a 'planetary regime' to control economic, environmental and reproductive behavior.
The White House has scrambled to point out that Holdren was just 'describing' possible solutions to what many people felt was the impending disaster of overpopulation in the 70's (like global warming is today) and that critics are over-reacting to statements made decades ago that are no longer relevant.
Go to this link for a good overview of the passages in question and ask yourself: has Dr. Holdren had a change of heart over the years or does he need to hide his true colors from the masses like other Obama associates such as Rev. Wright and William Ayers?
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
This photo is one of the most iconic images in modern history. Who was this guy? And what does he have to do with today's political climate?
· Liked: Communism (thought Socialism was for sissies), cigars, chess, and poetry
· Disliked: Catholic nuns, Democracy, bathing, and being faithful to his wife
· Nicknames: “Choncho”(pig) and “The Butcher of La Cabana”
· Imprisoned in his labor camps: Poets, rebellious intellectuals, & gays
· Said: “An effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine: this is what our soldiers must become.”
· # of people Che personally ordered to be executed: 400+
· # of middle-class Latin American college students he inspired to become guerillas: 30,000+
· # of people killed in these insurgencies: 300,000+
· # of successful revolutions besides Totalitarian Cuba: 0
· Called Che “excessively aggressive”: Best buddy Fidel Castro
· Admirers: Malcolm X, the Black Panthers, Nelson Mandela, Allen Ginsberg, Santana, Hugo Chavez, liberals, and most college students
· Response to The Motorcycle Diaries (biographical Che movie) at Sundance: Standing ovation
· Still seeing his face on the walls of college dorms: (yawn)
· Seeing his face alongside another well-known revolutionary: PRICELESS
Obama campaign offices
Judge James Burge of Elyria, Ohio
Click here to read more